MSPA Membership Criteria
Full details of the membership criteria are listed below.
- At least two years trading as a mystery shopping provider company
- A reputation for excellence in operation
- Agreement to abide by and to apply the MSPA Code of Professional Ethics
- Agreement to abide by and to apply the MSPA Code of Professional Standards
Present a official proof of business existence (i.e. articles of incorporation, insurance records, or business license).
REGULAR MEMBERS CRITERIA
1. Mystery Shopping Provider companies who have been in existence as a Mystery Shopping Provider Company for 2 years or more have to:
· Provide 2 client references.
· Meet the criteria listed above.
2. Mystery shopping Provider Companies who have been conducting Mystery Shopping for less than 2 years have to
· Meet the criteria listed above are invited to join MSPA and are encouraged to participate fully in MSPA activities.
· Attend the coming MSPA AP conference and pay a deposit of US$100 with the membership fee.
3. The Mystery Shopping Providers Company who have been conducting Mystery Shopping for at least 6 months but less than one year have to
- In addition to the requirements
- To attend the coming MSPA-AP conference
- To pay additional 1 year membership subscription fee
ADDITIONAL MEMBERSHIP CRITERIA
- Present an official payment reciept and membership issued by other MSPA Chapter.
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP CRITERIA
- Agree to abide by and to apply the MSPA Code of Professional Ethics - Agree to abide by and to apply the MSPA Code of Professional Standards -
- Present an official proof of business existence (i.e. articles of incorporation, business license, business address and contact details, etc.) -
- Provide 2 client references
- Company agrees to adhere to the Mystery Shopping Professionals Association's Code of Professional Standards as follows:
- Commit to the purposes of the association: improving service and promoting excellence in the mystery shopping industry;
- Conduct mystery shopping services in an honest and ethical manner;
- Conduct mystery shopping services according to industry procedures and regulations set forth and agreed to by MSPA members;
- Instill confidence in mystery shopping and encourage public cooperation;
- Instill confidence in the business community that mystery shopping is performed in a professional and fair manner;
- Respect our clients, their employees, our employees, fellow MSPA members, and the general public, AND;
- Company agrees to abide by the Rules of Ethical Conduct, wherein it agrees that it will not
- falsify or misrepresent reports;
- Mislead shopper applicants about actual job opportunities regarding mystery shopping;
- ask or encourage anyone to break confidentiality agreements with other firms for whom they conduct mystery shopping assignments;
- use any MSPA media to publish complaints against shoppers, vendors, clients, or other mystery shopper providers;
- refuse to pay, or make a deduction from a shopper's pay, for failure to perform any function which was not explicitly described in written instructions;
- refuse to pay, or make a deduction from a shopper's pay, for failure to receive payment from a client for which a shopper has conducted one or more shops.
- The name of the Company and the Company's promotional materials do not reflect negatively on the reputation and image of the industry as an open and legitimate forum for measuring customer service against established standards of service as set forth by companies that engage mystery shopping companies. If the company is notified that MSPA believes the company name and/or the company's promotional materials would reflect negatively on the reputation and image of the industry, MSPA will inform the company; if the company opts to change its name and/or marketing materials to something that is not offensive to the industry, MSPA membership will be granted, provided all other criteria are met. MSPA reserves the right to refuse membership to any applicant that does not meet this criterion and that refuses to correct the issue to MSPA's satisfaction
- Company will not charge individuals to become shoppers or to gain access to shopping opportunities
- The company agrees to provide, and actually does provide, the name of all of its owners on its application for membership
- The company acknowledges that MSPA will share the fact that the company has made application for membership with its members and will invite members to comment on the company's reputation and business practices
- The company accepts the MSPA membership application process and waives any claims against MSPA, its officers, its directors, staff, and contractors in connection with a denial of membership, including for defamation, unless such defamation was knowingly and willfully dishonest.